Monday, October 17, 2005

Ah Lawrence



I drove to Lawrence this morning. First I went by all our old addresses, and then I parked downtown and roamed the streets. I bought a cool shirt at The Casbah. I went to the Yarn Barn. The woman that helped me recognized me from the knitting class we took together there 3 years ago. (She said things like, "You know how to do that- you made that sweater.") I checked out Hobbs which had a lot more clothes than it used to, and also had some sign hanging from the ceiling that I kept crashing into. I went to the Raven and bought the new Kate Atkinson book, since I finished my other book on the plane. This brought me up to 12:30 when I met Canda and Jack and Marian for lunch at Free State. (David, you'll be happy to know that the menu has finally changed.) Then, we went over to check out Marian and Jack's loft which they will be moving into on Friday.
After that, I walked around with Canda and Jamie, and made some purchases in the corporate ghetto.
Then, Canda and I went to see Jila, who conveniently had her baby Saturday, so that she would be able to receive visitors today.
Then, we came back downtown and met up with Nate and Anna- see next post.

1 Comments:

Blogger Liz Woodbury said...

oh, lawrence, i miss it so.

6:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home