Wednesday, July 05, 2006

What I'm...

Reading: I recently finished Gilead by Marilynne Robinson. It's a really good slow bittersweet sort of book. Her last novel, Housekeeping, was on NYT's list of top 25 books of the last 25 years. Then I read The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency. Now I'm onto Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close, by one of Margot's favorite writers. Also, I am working my way through Ivor Horton's Beginning Java. So far, I have made an applet and added apples and oranges, but I'm sure that in 1000 pages, I'll be able to do all sorts of fancy things.

Watching: Some evil person keeps not returning the 2nd disc of Season 1 of Arrested Development to VisArt. In the meantime, we have been entertaining ourselves with Sarah Silverman's Jesus is Magic and World Cup and Tour and even a little Wimbledon. (If there's one phrase that people always use to describe me, it's "sports fan".) And we went to see Prairie Home Companion.

Knitting: I'm nearly done (for the last week) with my ribbed tank top. I'll post pictures soon.

1 Comments:

Blogger Liz Woodbury said...

i can't wait to see the finished tank top! but wait, didn't it have a more intriguing name than that?

not only are you a sports fan, but if you went to see prairie home companion, you must be OLD, too (this is according to some experts i know).

10:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home